- Important Links & Documents
- Contact Super Boosters
- Padlet Wall: Share Information & Provide Comments
Share Helpful Information!
Click HERE to access our Padlet Wall where Booster Clubs can share information (things that worked, or didnt work, for your Booster Club, great restaurants to fundraise at, etc.)
- Super Booster Fundraiser Approval Process
- Calendar of Approved Restaurant Fundraisers
- Other Fundraising Opportunities
- Banner Sales - Front & Back of Fence near Track
- Fundraiser Advertising
- Super Boosters Non-profit, 501 (c)(3) Status & EIN #
Super Booster Fundraiser Approval Process
All fundraisers must be approved by both Super Boosters and Administration at BHS. A master list of the approved fundraisers is maintained by TUSD staff. The master list is updated as new fundraisers are approved.
Any fundraiser on the master list is owned and controlled by the assigned booster group as long as they hold that fundraiser a minimum of every other year (this does not include Restaurant Fundraisers). In other words, any group can choose not to do a fundraiser they control for one year, but not for two years or more. In an off year, another group could do the fundraiser, but only with the understanding the assigned booster group has the right the following year to take back the fundraiser.
Restaurant Night fundraisers are limited to one per night, so be prepared to have multiple date options available in case the initial date you are requesting is already taken.
Process for Fundraiser Approval:
- Complete Fundraiser Approval Request Form. Allow for a two week approval process.
- Submit completed form by email to Beckman High School Admin:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fundraiser is reviewed, and approved or denied. Boosters organization submitting request will be notified via email.
- Approved fundraisers are added to Master List which is maintained by BHS Staff.
Other Fundraising Opportunities
- Restaurant Nights
- Community Discount Card
- No up front charge
- Cards sell for $15, Boosters keep $7.50 per card sold
- Contact: Greg Poyar / firstname.lastname@example.org / 800-974-6275
- Online Fundraising Companies (Crowd Funding) that have been used successfully here at Beckman:
- Contact: Dylan Garrity / 714-599-0176
- Contact: Mitch Core / 231-360-7217
- World's Finest Chocolate
- There is no up-front cost to use our fundraiser, your payment is due once your fundraiser has concluded or 30 days after receiving your chocolate
- Students typically sell 1-5 boxes each
- You earn $24-$30 profit per box sold
- Our fundraisers are typically ran for 2 weeks, but you can run for longer or shorter if you wish
- I can get a fundraiser started for you in as little as 4 days
- If you are feeling hesitant to try us, we offer a profit guarantee in writing so that you can try us at no risk
- For example: if you typically sell cookie dough and earn $10,000 doing so, we will guarantee to raise you $11,000 otherwise we will make up for the difference
- If you are a new customer, you are eligible to receive up to $1,800 worth of free chocolate
Please reach out if you have any questions or if would like for me to save a spot for you on our calendar: Channing Wallen - email@example.com / Tel: (773) 579-6405 (Available Through Call & Text)
Beckman High School Fence Banners
This is a great way for Booster Clubs to passively fundraise! Beckman High School has a limited number of Banner spots available on the fence leading into the school on the corner of Bryan & Rubicon/Patriot Way.
When a banner is purchased by someone supporting a specific Booster Club (example: Realtor purchases a banner through Boys Lacrosse), that Booster Club (Boys Lacrosse) will receive 80% of the banner fee.
The remaining 20% of the fee goes into Beckman’s General Athletic Fund account to help offset additional athletic costs.
Banner Sales details:
- $800 per semester for Banners facing Front (toward the parking lot/Bryan Ave.)
- $300 per semester for Banners facing Back (towards the track).
- Banner sales are on a first come, first serve basis.
- There are 16 spots available facing each direction (16 on front side, 16 on Back side).
- SIZE & ARTWORK:
- The dimensions of the banner shall be NO LARGER than 6 feet in length by 4 feet in height (Banners can be smaller in size, but the cost remains the same.)
- Art work must be submitted to Kori Morrison in the front office before a reservation will be considered.
- All Banners must be pre-authorized before being considered for our fence and they must meet TUSD Banner guidelines.
- The sponsor/customer shall supply their own banner.
- BANNER PLACEMENT:
- The School Site will be responsible for hanging the banners on the fence.
In addition to using your own Booster Club’s Social Media and Communication channels, please forward along flyers in PDF or JPG formats to the following contacts:
Beckman High School Super Boosters Non-profit, 501 (c)(3) Status
- Our EIN # is: 55-0862096
- All Booster Clubs share the Super Boosters EIN, which is why many times companies you do fundraisers with will make the checks payable to Beckman High School Super Boosters.
- Click HERE to download the Beckman High School Super Boosters original determination letter for our 501(c)(3) status.
- The date may look old, but the IRS does not issue new letters once the determination is made.
- Beckman High School Super Booster's EIN is listed on the letter and is also public information.
- Anyone with this information can automatically check our status online via the search tool on the IRS website HERE.
Getting Signers Added and/or Removed on Booster Club Bank Accounts
Please contact our Super Booster Treasurer, Nikki Bertoni (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss the process. Nikki will supply you with the forms needed.
Corporate Match Donations for Booster Clubs
***IMPORTANT: Please make sure that your Booster Club is identified somewhere on the check that is being issued (in the memo, notes or comments section of the communication from the Company & Corporate Matching Vendor). Since all Booster Clubs share the same Tax ID number, and the Tax ID number is only affiliated with "Beckman High School Super Boosters Club", all of the checks received will be made out to "Beckman High School Super Boosters Club". Therefore, in order for us to get your checks to you, we need some additional information included with the check.
If your Booster Club is expecting a Corporate Matching Check, we ask that you please verify the amount with the corporate match online program first. Then email our Super Booster Treasurer, Nikki Bertoni (email@example.com) when the funds are available. At that time, Nikki can initiate the transfer of funds to Super Boosters and we can issue a check and notify the respective Booster Club. Checks will be left in the file box in the Athletic Office, in a hanging file labeled “Super Boosters”.
- Athletic Clearance Process
- Athletic Uniforms & Gear for Teams
- Spirit Wear for Team Supporters
- Coach Stipends (In-Season & Off-Season)
- Weight Room Stipend
- End of Season Banquets
2023-24 Athletic Clearance Process for ALL Incoming 9th Grade Student-Athletes & Returning Student-Athletes:
- DOWNLOAD Blank Sports Physical Form & Confirmation Page HERE.
- TAKE Blank Sports Physical Form to Sports Physical appointment/Urgent Care and have a licensed MD, DO, PA or NP complete.
- SCAN ALL 4 (four) pages of completed Sports Physical Form, and the 1 (one) Confirmation Page into your home computer of mobile device.
- VISIT www.athleticclearance.com
- LOGIN - If you have a returning student athlete(s), please login to your existing account. If you have not set up an account before, please do so now. If you have more than one student-athlete, please make certain each student-athlete has their own account.
- UPLOAD - All scanned Sports Physical Forms & signed Confirmation Page into www.athleticclearance.com website. The entire process is completed online ONLY. (DO NOT bring documents into the office).
- PAY TRANSPORTATION: Transportation payment options will be available at end of July/Beginning of August.
*THE ABOVE PROCESS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE ANY STUDENT-ATHLETE, IN ANY SEASON, CAN BE ADDED TO A 6th PERIOD ATHLETICS CLASS*
BSN Clothing/Gear Contract (For Practice & Fan Gear)
Beckman Athletics is now contracted with BSN Sports.
This relationship gives our athletic teams various discounts on branded athletic clothing items and gear.
Similar to all of the local vendors many of us use, BSN has the ability to personalize items (practice gear, spirit wear, etc.) and can even set up team websites for online sales.
Since they are a large company they may have access to more inventory than some of the smaller vendors.
This contract also has the benefit of returning a percentage of sales to Beckman Athletics, which in turn, benefits all of our student-athletes.
Please contact Beckman’s BSN Sports Representative, Steve Polley, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or cell at 714-501-7121, with any questions you might have.
- BSN is an apparel / equipment company that we have a new contract with for Uniforms / Team gear. Previously had an agreement with Eastbay.
- The new agreement has been sent out to coaches. Vendors will charge a certain percentage off the sticker price.
- We are switching to Nike for all uniforms. We want to be an exclusively Nike school. If using district money to purchase uniforms / game day apparel, etc... It must be Nike and ordered through BSN. If you are ordering through booster funds (not district funds) for spirit wear, etc..., it’s not required. If you can find a better deal, you can use whatever company you want.
- BSN bought out Eastbay. Old rep is now working with BSN. Many of the old orders are still available.
- They will also set up an online store for apparel. You can purchase whatever beckman apparel you would like through them. It can be customized by your program.
- You can work with admin to use district funds to help buy additional uniforms for players in need.
- Delivery / supply issues with all vendors. Steve Pauley with BSN is doing a good job to solve issues from orders in the past.
- Any booster ordering through BSN will automatically get the discount.
- BSN is requested ordering 3 months lead time prior to the start of season.
Online Spirit Wear Webstore for Fans, Students & Staff
Click HERE to check out the Beckman High School webstore for Spirit Wear! The options are endless and will set all of your families up with Spirit Wear they'll be proud to show off!
- Multiple Logo options available (even for specific sports & activities: Football, Basketball, Dance, etc.)
- Multiple Apparel options available
- You get the power of choosing what logo you want on the item of clothing you want!
Process for In-Season & Off-Season Coach Stipends
- What is the process for In-Season versus Off-Season Stipends for Coaches?
- IN-SEASON STIPENDS: Booster programs are not responsible for the in-season stipends that the district has allocated for that sport, please check with the Athletic Directors regarding the number of stipends for your sport, as the number of stipends can vary.
- OFF-SEASON STIPENDS: In the off-season, the Booster Clubs need to submit (via email or memo format) Stipend amounts to the Athletic office in order for them to be paid. The District then calculates the benefits (if applicable) off of those requested amounts and pays the coach(es) on the Booster Club's behalf. They will then invoice the Booster Club for the total amount paid out for that season (which will include the requested Stipend amount, plus benefits, if applicable).
- Do Assistant Coaches get stipends?
- Only a Varsity Assistant gets a district stipend during the season. Any additional assistants in the program must have their stipends covered by Boosters only (not to exceed $599.00).
- Is there a set amount for In-season and Off-season or does each Booster determine the amount?
- In-season stipend amounts are set by the district, and vary by sport. Please check with the Athletic Directors for the stipend amounts for your coaches. In the off-season, Boosters can pay a coach up to, but cannot exceed their in-season stipend amount, for each off-season. Boosters may not be able to pay full stipends because of budget constraints, etc., so Boosters must communicate with the Head Coach regarding how much can be budgeted for stipends in each off-season. Boosters must work with the Head Coach on how those funds will be allocated to the coaching staff.
Weight Room Stipend Invoices - To be paid by Booster Clubs
Budget for weight room is based upon number of athletes and how often they use it. We use an outside vendor, Compete Performance for weight room. They provide insurance, handle payroll for weight room coaches, and don’t technically work for the district. Cost used to be about $50 per student. Fees have increased and it’s now up to about $60 per student.
- Weight room is limited based upon spacing available. For most sports, it is Varsity only in weight room.
- Olympic lifting trained coaches working with the athletes. Certified level 1 or 2 coaches.
- Weight room invoices will be sent out to coaches every off-season for their use in the weight room.
End of Season Banquets
Please always keep in mind that $25 is the max allowed to be charged per person to attend End of Season Banquets.
Coaches and players should not be charged, and should be paid for by the Boosters.
$25 max per person means that if you choose to go to a facility, or use a caterer, that charges more than $25 per person, the Booster Club is responsible for subsidizing the additional cost (so make sure you have budgeted for these excess funds.)
There are restaurants & caterers that will work with you for catering if you let them know what your budget is. Here are some options that have been used successfully by Beckman Booster Clubs:
- Newport Rib Company
- Taqueria El Gordito Mexican Food (Taco Guy)
- GREAT Food! They have catered multiple PTO luncheons for Beckman Staff.
- Offers a full set up, for approx. $10.50 per person, that allows for people to go back for 2nd's, 3rd's and 4th's!
- 415 N. Grand Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- 714-482-8843 & 714-550-4686
- Email: email@example.com
- Kiros Catering
- Contact: Darbi Schennum / firstname.lastname@example.org / 949-217-2210
Try to consider other creative ways to cut costs:
- Outdoor picnic - In the Beckman Quad or at a park
- Dessert only - After awards in the PAC
- Pool party at the Beckman Pool - Have a Taco Guy (see El Gordito above).
If you are considering having your banquet on campus, you will need to reserve soon. It is difficult in the spring to reserve the PAC because of other activities that need to be held there. If you need help with facilities (lights, locations etc...) reach out to Super Boosters or Athletic Directors for other ideas.