Super Boosters - Helpful Information for Booster Clubs
Share Information and/or ask questions on our Padlet Wall:
- Athletic Clearance Information
- Banking Information
- Fundraising Information
- 2022-23 Master List of Approved Fundraisers (as of 9/22/22)
- Banner Sales - Front & Back of Fence near Track
- Athletic Uniforms & Gear for Teams
- Spirit Wear for Team Supporters
- Coach Stipends
- Weight Room Stipend
- End of Season Banquets
Athletic Clearance Information
TRANSPORTATION FEE INFORMATION
This is great information to send out to Booster Club families needing the links and details to pay their transportation fees. This information is located on our Beckman school website under the Athletics Tab, here:
UPDATED (for 2022-23) ATHELTIC CLEARANCE FORM PACKET
The Athletic Clearance packet forms were updated last Spring 2022. If your teams are using the old forms, please beware that they will not be accepted. Link to NEW & UPDTAED information here:
SETTING UP SIGNATURE CARD APPOINTMENTS AT UNION BANK
Please contact our Super Booster Treasurer, Angela Evans (email@example.com) to arrange an appointment time for your signings.
Angela will supply you with the forms needed in order to move through the process.
Please note that there is very limited appointment availability due to both Angela’s schedule, and Union Bank’s schedule, so we are asking for your help in being extremely flexible.
ONLINE STATEMENT ACCESS - UNION BANK
Union Bank is able to set up our Booster Club Treasurer’s with ONLINE Statement access only.
Please Note: this is NOT online banking. Online banking will never be allowed because of the constant changeover in board positions year over year.
If you would like to set this up for your Booster Club, your Treasurer (must be a current signatory on the account) can contact Gloria Tho (firstname.lastname@example.org), Vice President & Branch Manager at Union Bank.
Gloria will set up a time for the Treasurer to come in and sign the required document for access and set up a login/password specific to that account.
CORPORATE MATCHING CHECKS
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that your Booster Club is identified somewhere on the check that is being issued (in the memo, notes or comments section of the communication from the Company & Corporate Matching Vendor). Since all Booster Clubs share the same Tax ID number, and that Tax ID number is listed under "Beckman High School Super Boosters", all of the checks received will be made out to "Beckman High School Super Boosters". Therefore, in order for us to get your checks to you, we need some additional information included with the check.
If your Booster Club is expecting a Corporate Matching Check, we ask that you please verify the amount with the corporate match online program and email to our Super Booster Treasurer, Angela Evans (email@example.com) when the funds are available, at that time, Angela can initiate the transfer of funds to Super Boosters and we can issue a check and notify the respective Booster Club. Checks will be left in the file box behind Sissy, in the Athletic Office, in a hanging file labeled “Super Boosters”.
501 (c)(3) STATUS
- Our EIN # is: 55-0862096
- Click HERE to download the Beckman High School Super Boosters original determination letter for our 501(c)(3) status.
- The date may look old, but the IRS does not issue new letters once the determination is made.
- Beckman High School Super Booster's EIN is listed on the letter and is also public information.
- Anyone with this information can automatically check our status online via the search tool on the IRS website HERE.
FUNDRAISER APPROVAL FORM
**SHARE THIS INFO WITH FUNDRAISING VP/FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE - Please submit this form for EVERY Fundraiser your Booster Club participates in**
Be sure to send this form in to Gabriela Tomlinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval AS SOON as you know the dates and information for your Fundraisers.
We keep a master calendar of ALL Booster Club Fundraisers in the Beckman Admin office so we can make sure that there are no conflicts between clubs, and no overlapping dates with fundraisers.
Link to form here:
In addition to using your own Booster Club’s Social Media and Communication channels, please forward along flyers in PDF or JPG formats to the following contacts:
- BECKMAN HS PARENT SQUARE COMMUNICATIONS - Gabriela Tomlinson: email@example.com
- BECKMAN PTO SOCIAL MEDIA - Julia Tang-Wen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Restaurant Nights
- The Stand
- Handel's Ice Cream
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Miguel's Jr.
- Wahoo's - email email@example.com for more information.
- BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
- Community Discount Card
- No up front charge
- Cards sell for $15, Boosters keep $7.50 per card sold
- Contact: Greg Poyar / firstname.lastname@example.org / 800-974-6275
2022-23 Master List of Approved Fundraisers (as of 9/22/22)
Banner Sales - Front & Back of Fence near Track
BECKMAN HIGH SCHOOL FENCE BANNERS
This is a great way for Booster Clubs to passively fundraise! Beckman High School has a limited number of Banner spots available on the fence leading into the school on the corner of Bryan & Rubicon/Patriot Way.
When a banner is purchased by someone supporting a specific Booster Club (example: Realtor purchases a banner through Boys Lacrosse), that Booster Club (Boys Lacrosse) will receive 80% of the banner fee.
The remaining 20% of the fee goes into Beckman’s General Athletic Fund account to help offset additional athletic costs.
Banner Sales details:
- $800 per semester for Banners facing Front (toward the parking lot/Bryan Ave.)
- $300 per semester for Banners facing Back (towards the track).
- Banner sales are on a first come, first serve basis.
- There are 16 spots available facing each direction (16 on front side, 16 on Back side).
- SIZE & ARTWORK:
- The dimensions of the banner shall be NO LARGER than 6 feet in length by 4 feet in height (Banners can be smaller in size, but the cost remains the same.)
- Art work must be submitted to Mrs. Oberlin in the front office before a reservation will be considered.
- All Banners must be pre-authorized before being considered for our fence and they must meet TUSD Banner guidelines.
- The sponsor/customer shall supply their own banner.
- BANNER PLACEMENT:
- The School Site will be responsible for hanging the banners on the fence.
- Please contact our Athletic Secretary, Sissy Oberlin (email@example.com)
Athletic Uniforms & Gear for Teams
BSN CLOTHING/GEAR CONTRACT (FOR PRACTICE & FAN GEAR)
Beckman Athletics is now contracted with BSN Sports.
This relationship gives our athletic teams various discounts on branded athletic clothing items and gear.
Similar to all of the local vendors many of us use, BSN has the ability to personalize items (practice gear, spirit wear, etc.) and can even set up team websites for online sales.
Since they are a large company they may have access to more inventory than some of the smaller vendors.
This contract also has the benefit of returning a percentage of sales to Beckman Athletics, which in turn, benefits all of our student-athletes.
Please contact Beckman’s BSN Sports Representative, Steve Polley, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or cell at 714-501-7121, with any questions you might have.
- BSN is an apparel / equipment company that we have a new contract with for Uniforms / Team gear. Previously had an agreement with Eastbay.
- The new agreement has been sent out to coaches. Vendors will charge a certain percentage off the sticker price.
- We are switching to Nike for all uniforms. We want to be an exclusively Nike school. If using district money to purchase uniforms / game day apparel, etc... It must be Nike and ordered through BSN. If you are ordering through booster funds (not district funds) for spirit wear, etc..., it’s not required. If you can find a better deal, you can use whatever company you want.
- BSN bought out Eastbay. Old rep is now working with BSN. Many of the old orders are still available.
- They will also set up an online store for apparel. You can purchase whatever beckman apparel you would like through them. It can be customized by your program.
- You can work with admin to use district funds to help buy additional uniforms for players in need.
- Delivery / supply issues with all vendors. Steve Pauley with BSN is doing a good job to solve issues from orders in the past.
- Any booster ordering through BSN will automatically get the discount.
- BSN is requested ordering 3 months lead time prior to the start of season.
Spirit Wear for Team Supporters
Online Spirit Wear Webstore for Fans, Students & Staff
Click HERE to check out the Beckman High School webstore for Spirit Wear! The options are endless and will set all of your families up with Spirit Wear they'll be proud to show off!
- Multiple Logo options available (even for specific sports & activities: Football, Basketball, Dance, etc.)
- Multiple Apparel options available
- You get the power of choosing what logo you want on the item of clothing you want!
PROCESS FOR IN-SEASON & OFF-SEASON STIPENDS
- What is the process for In-Season versus Off-Season Stipends for Coaches?
- IN-SEASON STIPENDS: Booster programs are not responsible for the in-season stipends that the district has allocated for that sport, please check with the Athletic Directors regarding the number of stipends for your sport, as the number of stipends can vary.
- OFF-SEASON STIPENDS: In the off-season, the Booster Clubs need to submit (via email or memo format) Stipend amounts to the Athletic office in order for them to be paid. The District then calculates the benefits (if applicable) off of those requested amounts and pays the coach(es) on the Booster Club's behalf. They will then invoice the Booster Club for the total amount paid out for that season (which will include the requested Stipend amount, plus benefits, if applicable).
- Do Assistant Coaches get stipends?
- Only a Varsity Assistant gets a district stipend during the season. Any additional assistants in the program must have their stipends covered by Boosters only (not to exceed $599.00).
- Is there a set amount for In-season and Off-season or does each Booster determine the amount?
- In-season stipend amounts are set by the district, and vary by sport. Please check with the Athletic Directors for the stipend amounts for your coaches. In the off-season, Boosters can pay a coach up to, but cannot exceed their in-season stipend amount, for each off-season. Boosters may not be able to pay full stipends because of budget constraints, etc., so Boosters must communicate with the Head Coach regarding how much can be budgeted for stipends in each off-season. Boosters must work with the Head Coach on how those funds will be allocated to the coaching staff.
Weight Room Stipend
WEIGHT ROOM STIPEND INVOICES - TO BE PAID BY BOOSTER CLUBS
Budget for weight room is based upon number of athletes and how often they use it. We use an outside vendor, Compete Performance for weight room. They provide insurance, handle payroll for weight room coaches, and don’t technically work for the district. Cost used to be about $50 per student. Fees have increased and it’s now up to about $60 per student.
- Weight room is limited based upon spacing available. For most sports, it is Varsity only in weight room.
- Olympic lifting trained coaches working with the athletes. Certified level 1 or 2 coaches.
- Weight room invoices will be sent out to coaches every off-season for their use in the weight room.
End of Season Banquets
BOOSTER CLUB BANQUETS
$25 is max allowed to be charged per person.
There are companies that will work with you for catering if you let them know what your budget is. Here are some options:
- Newport Rib Company
- Taqueria El Gordito Mexican Food (Taco Guy)
- GREAT Food! They catered a PTO luncheon for Beckman Staff before the start of school this year.
- Offers a full set up, for approx. $10.50 per person, that allows for people to go back for 2nd's, 3rd's and 4th's!
- 415 N. Grand Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- 714-482-8843 & 714-550-4686
- Email: email@example.com
- Kiros Catering
- Contact: Darbi Schennum / firstname.lastname@example.org / 949-217-2210
Try to consider other creative ways to cut costs:
- Outdoor picnic - In the Beckman Quad or at a park
- Dessert only - After awards in the PAC
- Pool party at the Beckman Pool - Have a Taco Guy (see El Gordito above)
If you are considering having your banquet on campus, you will need to reserve soon. It is difficult in the spring to reserve the PAC because of other activities that need to be held there. If you need help with facilities (lights, locations etc...) reach out to Super Boosters or Athletic Directors for other ideas.